Data protection terms relating to the provision of the EIFRIG MEDIA platform
1) EIFRIG MEDIA assures that the acquisition, processing and usage of personal data will be handled strictly in accordance with all data protection legislation, in particular the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), the German Telecommunications Act (TKG), the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and the German Interstate Treaty on Broadcasting (RStV).
2) The user understands that EIFRIG MEDIA is only able to provide the services if the user agrees to the storage and processing of personal data. Furthermore, the user has agreed electronically to this as part of the agreement. This agreement has been logged.
3) This agreement can be terminated at any time without specifying reasons by contacting EIFRIG MEDIA in writing at
22047 Hamburg, Germany
or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Once the agreement is cancelled EIFRIG MEDIA will no longer make the services available to the user.
4) Position data can be used as the basis for offering additional services. Anonymous position data can also be used by EIFRIG MEDIA to store, process and pass on to third parties information about circumstances which are significant for navigation purposes and associated purposes (including, among other things, traffic volume).
In any case, user data and position data will only be passed on to third parties if this is required for legal reasons or if these third parties perform services or actions on behalf of and for EIFRIG MEDIA, such as the operation of the EIFRIG MEDIA platform on third-party servers.
5) EIFRIG MEDIA may use automatic communication systems like e-mail for the purpose of carrying out marketing activities. However, users may also choose to block any contact made for marketing purposes.
6) After registering on the EIFRIG MEDIA platform, users can create and edit their own profile. Information relating to the user profile, such as the user name used, the profile picture, the display of the home town/city and the videos and images uploaded to the public folder can be viewed on the platform itself. This means that they can also be viewed by non-registered visitors to the platform.
7) Furthermore, users also have the opportunity to share information within their own network of friends and groups at EIFRIG MEDIA. The user can select privacy settings to determine which information he would like to share and exchange with his friends and groups. Here, the actions of the user are monitored in accordance with his privacy settings. For example, the system registers when he contacts a new friend and adds him to his list of friends, records how many photos or videos he has uploaded, and records that he has commented on and reviewed a particular destination.
8) After registration of the user, EIFRIG MEDIA uses so-called cookies which identify the user for the duration of his visit to the platform and allow him to be recognised when he revisits the platform in the future. A cookie of this type is saved on the user’s computer. The user can change the settings on his computer to remove such cookies or enable usage of the platform without cookies.
9) EIFRIG MEDIA is entitled to change these data protection terms within the limits of the statutory data protection legislation. EIFRIG MEDIA will announce any changes to this declaration. The user has the opportunity to reject any changes in writing, whereby an e-mail is sufficient. In these cases EIFRIG MEDIA may cancel the provision of services for the user.
10) EIFRIG MEDIA will analyse the interests and behaviour of the user for the purposes of advertising and market research, as well as in order to tailor the services provided to actual demand. For this purpose, EIFRIG MEDIA may in some cases also use the pictures, videos or tags uploaded by the user. This is always done with an anonymous method which prevents sharing of personal data.
11) Provided the user has agreed to this during the registration process or at a later stage, EIFRIG MEDIA may send a newsletter to the user during the period of the agreement containing information relating for example to the topics of support, technical information and other information about the scope of the utilised services, possible upgrade options and other information relating to the operation of the EIFRIG MEDIA platform. A corresponding link is provided in every newsletter which allows the user to cancel the newsletter at any time.